Welcome to the Crystal Core homepage. We just switched the website to a MediaWiki so we are currently in the process of moving the content of the old website to the new one. Stay tuned.
What is Crystal Core
Crystal Core is an open source project (Creative Commons by-nc License V2.5) made with the Crystal Space engine. Our main goal with this game is to show the potential of Crystal Space and to bring interest to the best open source game engine available. But we are also trying to make this game as good as possible with a nice story and lots of gameplay.
If you want to contribute in any way, or if you just want first hand information contact us here.
More info about Crystal Core
- The Crystal Core Roadmap - Roadmap that will show progress and what has to be done etc.
- The Crystal Core Contributers - A list of all contributors including mail adress.
- How to compile and run Crystal Core - A description of how to compile, and set up Crystal Core.
- Rules for Crystal Core art - Guidelines for modellers.
- How to create art for Crystal Space - Some information on what Crystal Space can and cannot do.
- Open roles in the team - We still need more developers, here we will keep a list of what additions we would like to see best at the moment. Of course we'll be gratefull with any help or new teammembers!
Development section - SPOILERS AHEAD
You will find discussion of all aspects of the game below - levels, puzzles, story ... if you want to enjoy the content with the bliss of not knowing what will happen play the game first and read on the wiki later.
Developer Whiteboard - The detailed informaton board, about all aspects of the game. Story, purpose and history of all buildings and other game elements are implemented here.
If you are afraid to get lured into the project too much but still have idea's you can post your Suggestions and Idea's on this special page. Note that everyone is free to add suggestions, idea's and story on every page. This is an open project and everyone is invited to participate.
Crystal Core Team